Fri, Mar 11|
2022 Hub Town Inaugural Curling BEERspiel
Yup, it's a bonspiel at your local brewery...because you love beer adventures as much as we do!
Time & Location
Mar 11, 2022, 7:00 p.m. – Mar 12, 2022, 8:00 p.m.
Okotoks, 41 Elizabeth St, Okotoks, AB T1S 1M3, Canada
About the event
Did you know that curling is the ONLY olympic sport designed to be played with beer? Ok, they won't be consuming their favourite locally brewed beer ON the ice but you can bet it is enjoyed before and after! And THAT is why Canadians are amongst the best curlers in the world...we understand the connection between curling and beer better than anyone!
On March 11/12th you get to learn all about that connection first hand as we bring you Hub Town's 2022, INAUGURAL Curling BEERspiel!!
This is more of a funspiel than a bonspiel...our rink and rocks are homemade and imperfect in every way, making it more fun than you could shake a broom at! So don't be afraid...every skill level is welcome!
Want to know what it's all about before deciding if this is for you? Details are below...
BEERspiel Event Dates:
- Friday, March 11th (5pm - 10pm) and
- Saturday, March 12th (10am - 8pm)
- Max 16 teams (it was going to be 8 but you guys made it clear that wouldn't be enough!)
- 2 players / team minimum (you can have a max of four but only two from one team can be on the ice at a time)
Rounds (aka games):
- 2 Rounds Guaranteed (more if you keep winning of course!)
- Maximum of 10 ends / round (and held to a time limit so fewer ends are fine)
Entry Fee: $25/team
Stick around between games and participate in the "Draw to the button," Take out rock," and "Blind Curling" events!! You're playing for tankards!
+$0.66 service fee
This ticket is your official team entry into Hub Town's Inaugural Curling BEERspiel and includes your games and the extra competitions should you choose them!
+$0.66 service fee