Thu, Jan 12|
Cribbage and Cold Ones - winter league
How about some cribbage and cold ones? We've heard it's the best night of the week...who knew crib could be so fun!?!
Time & Location
Jan 12, 2023, 7:00 p.m. – Mar 30, 2023, 7:00 p.m.
Okotoks, 41 Elizabeth St, Okotoks, AB T1S 1M3, Canada
About the event
It's time to play CRIBBAGE again beer lovers!! Are you ready for the WINTER 2023 Season??!! We are too and here's the plan if you choose to join us:
- "Cribbage and Cold Ones" is a fun league...yup, of course you can be good too...but our goal is to have fun so all skills levels are welcome! BUT...you must already know how to play. No teaching during games!
- Teams of 2 people required - we are happy to add you to a team if you let us know you need one (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- League play will be 7pm - 9pm every Thursday night starting January 12th and going for 12 weeks with a wrap up party at the end. Seating opens at 6pm for you eager beavers to grab a pint and visit with your opponents;
- Players must be 16+ ;
- All games will take place in our upper taproom (until it's full and then we spread into the lower level) depending on how many of you register;
- Team Fee = $60 ($30/person) - to be used to buy end of the season prizes and other "props" needed throughout!
Feel free to join us and "practice" with your partner anytime using one of our many cribbage boards available in house!
IMPORTANT: if more teams join than we can accomodate on Thursdays, a wait list will be created for adding to additional league days.
Read below for the full set of rules:
- Play as many games as you can each Thursday night between 7pm - 9pm for 12 weeks (that way if you can't join us one week, you can catch up on another). And YES you can send subs in your place when you can't make it too!
- Points will be awarded as follows: Win = 2 points; Loss = 1 point; Skunk = 1 bonus point
- BONUS POINTS: 1 bonus point for every new team you play; 1 bonus point for being voted the "most fun team of the night"
- Substitutions permitted at any time
- To determine who deals first: cut the deck; low card is the dealer (aces are low)
- Nibs - if a Jack is pulled as the "cut card," the dealer counts 2 points. If the dealer plays a card before counting the 2 points, the points are forfeited
- Nobs - a Jack of the same suit of the cut card in either the hand or the crib, counts 1 point
- The person left of the dealer counts first
- Players may peg out into the game hole at any time
- Missed points are lost for both teams; no stealing points
- Unsure of a rule? Ask Abigail
- Have fun!
Crib League - TEAM of 2
This ticket entitles two (2) team members to play in the Hub Town "Cribbage and Cold Ones" fun league between Feb. 10th - March 31st.$60.00Tax: +$3.00 GST+$1.58 service fee
Crib League - SINGLE
This ticket entitles one (1) person to play in the Hub Town "Cribbage and Cold Ones" fun league between September 15 - December 1st$30.00Tax: +$1.50 GST+$0.79 service fee