Sun, Sept 25|
FLY-Fishing Adventure @ Hub Town & Sheep River
Learn to fly cast, enjoy some beer, fish on the river...it's a Sunday adventure you won't want to miss!
Time & Location
Sept 25, 2022, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Okotoks, 41 Elizabeth St, Okotoks, AB T1S 1M3, Canada
About the event
It's always about having an adventure at Hub Town, and this Sunday is no different as you get the chance to learn to fly-cast right on our patio! But that's only the beginning, because you will quickly take your new dry-land casting skills to the beautiful Sheep River to practice what you've learned, fly fishing on the water, then return for beers to round our your Sunday adventure!
Main Objective of this class is to have a FULL DAY OF FUN hooking up and landing fish!
But, you'll also learn...
- how to set up a fly rod and basic care of it
- basic fly casting techniques
- the basics to reading (flow of the water) the water
- a bit about bugs and bug hatches, fly selection and fish identification as you're on the water
Here's how the day will fly (aka: the schedule):
- 10am: Kick off dry-land cast training on Hub Town's patio
- 11am: Enjoy your first pint
- 12pm: Hit the water to practice all you've learned and try to catch some fish! Don't worry, all your flies will be provided today!
- 4pm: Return to Hub Town for your second pint and grab a pizza with the local food truck if you're hungry, while you recap the day with your guide, ask questions and plan your next fishing adventure if you're hooked!
What you NEED TO BRING with you for the day:
- Current Alberta Fishing License - if you don't have one, here's where to get it: Alberta Fishing License
- Good Footwear - Foot wear needs to be a good hiking boot not runners or water shoes
- Sun screen
- Bug repellent
- Bottle of water
- Fly rod, reel, line and backing. Note: if you don't have this equipment, make sure to select the "equipment rental/deposit" so we have what you need for your day. You will be responsible for taking care of the equipment provided, and when returned in great condition, your deposit will also be returned.
Want to know about who you'll be learning from? Local to Okotoks since 2019, fly fisher and brand ambassador for local company, GTFOutside, Bryce Coad started fishing and hunting as a kid but has been actively involved in the hunting and fishing industry professionally for the past 25 yrs, first making his mark in this industry when he started Alberta's first government approved and certified high fence hunting and game ranch in Northern Alberta. Bryce has built fly rods for Terry Grant (The Real Man Tracker) and Steve Eckland (The Next Level Hunter and The Edge TV), and most recently started fly tying for Scott Smith with Bow River Fly Fishing Company! So you can rest assured that Bryce knows his stuff!
Fly Casting Adventure for ONE
+$4.31 service fee
This ticket entitles ONE PERSON to a Sunday of fly cast lessons both on Hub Town's patio AND on the Sheep River, plus two Hub Town beers to be enjoyed throughout the day.
+$4.31 service fee0
Fly Casting Adventure for TWO
+$7.82 service fee
This ticket entitles ONE PERSON to a Sunday of fly cast lessons both on Hub Town's patio AND on the Sheep River, plus two Hub Town beers each to be enjoyed throughout the day.
+$7.82 service fee0
Equipment Deposit for ONE
+$1.97 service fee
This ticket entitles you to the use of ONE fly rod, reel, line and backing for the day and is considered a deposit. When the equipment is given back in the same condition, the deposit will be returned. Note: damage to the equipment will result in loss of the deposit.
+$1.97 service fee0